Lot 117.06 / House “Andrea en Wilco”
In the Giraffe village in Almere Oosterwold, a number of households will be living who will all start teaching their children at home. Within this small group we are allowed to make the designs for 2 households. The home of Andrea and Wilco is one of them.
All homes that we currently design in Oosterwold are being built within a construction team approach with Strowonen as contractor. Quality of living is an experience. This perception is formed by spatiality and use of space, experiencing ‘beauty’ (aesthetics), relationship inside-outside, user quality and indoor climate. A home must fit: with residents in their life phase, in the environment and with the available financial resources. Now and in the future.
The focus on the concept of sustainability has been the last years for reducing energy consumption. We think sustainability is about user quality, energy efficiency and careful handling of the environment.
According to Strowonen, sustainability is:
- Healthy and comfortable living (good air quality, draft-free, non-toxic, pleasantly warm and cool)
- Generate energy and use building materials without fossil components;
- Reduce energy use and generate as much as possible yourself;
- Careful handling of water;
- Long-term use / enjoyment of the home (life-course-proof / reclassifiable);
- Little and safe maintenance;
- Application of natural materials (produced / transported with as little energy as possible / reusable).
Timber skeleton with straw insulation
2016 – 2017
151 m2 / 570 m3
Almere Oosterwold (NL)
‘In the first contact with Michel we discovered that he thinks in possibilities and in dreams. “Go dream,” he said. A fantastic starting point to work from there to a realistic home that meets our dream. With his sharp eye for beauty and creative solutions, we have been able to build our dream! ‘