Kavel 117.03 / Woonhuis “Claudia en Ramon”
In the Giraffe village in Almere Oosterwold, a number of households will be living who will all start teaching at home. Within this small group we are allowed to make the designs for 2 households. The house of Claudia and Ramon is one of them.
All homes that we currently design in Oosterwold are being built within a construction team approach with Strowonen as contractor. Quality of living is an experience. This perception is formed by spatiality and use of space, experiencing ‘beauty’ (aesthetics), relationship inside-outside, user quality and indoor climate. A home must fit: with residents in their life phase, in the environment and with the available financial resources. Now and in the future.
The focus on the concept of sustainability has been the last years for reducing energy consumption. We think sustainability is about user quality, energy efficiency and careful handling of the environment.
According to Strowonen, sustainability is:
• Healthy and comfortable living (good air quality, draft-free, non-toxic, pleasantly warm and cool)
• Generate energy and use building materials without fossil components;
• Reduce energy use and generate as much as possible yourself;
• Careful handling of water; • Long-term use / enjoyment of the home (life-course-proof / reclassifiable);
• Little and safe maintenance;
• Application of natural materials (produced / transported with as little energy as possible / reusable).
In addition to ecological aspects, the energetic qualities also play a role in this home. Thus the house is optimized according to the “Feng Shui” principles and the garden is energetically laid out by Lips Groen.
Characteristic is the large curved laminated beam that runs diagonally across the entire house. This creates a spectacular interior and on the outside the house looks like a bird or on the back of a whale. Because of the slight curvature and the green roof the house will blend into the landscape.
Timber skeleton with straw insulation
2016 – 2018
200 m2 / 700 m3
Almere Oosterwold (NL)
In 1 word…. Special
Claudia en Ramon